Sunday, January 22, 2012

School Starts and Some Tips.



School starts in the morning and darling Son 12 will be doing 8th grade work from tomorrow so I am going to be a bit busier again.
To keep me sane and give me something fun to do in my spare time (apart from sewing) I will be working on my blog, researching different crafts to do and being inspired by lots of amazing people.
Here a couple of tips that you may not have heard before, have you got any handy tips that might help someone else? I would love to hear them.

Household Tip…

You can divide and store ground meat in a zip loc bag. Just break off how much you need and keep the rest in the freezer for later. So much easier than dividing and individually wrapping. See the tips here...

Quilting tip…
Never use a fabric’s selvedge in a quilt – it may shrink and pucker your finished project.

I am looking forward to starting the new school year on a good note so will make sure I get to bed on time tonight, I am just so  done in if I don't get a good nights sleep these days.

Not much happening here on the "Sewing" front I am afraid, I need to be inspired to get my Mojo back...it is possibly because I am still in "Holiday Mode".
I got some really nice fabrics (french General) a couple of months ago now and had an idea of what I would like to make with them...I just have to make that a reality.
I hope you all are being inspired and are having fun sewing away on your projects. 
Until next time
Happy Stitching...






1 comment:

  1. Oh how I remember getting into the back-to-school mode. I loved the holidays. And, I didn't home school.

    ReplyDelete