Thursday, November 17, 2011

New Books and Some Finishes.


I have had a few finishes for a change.

While away at Retreat I made a table topper and only had the binding to do. I had to find some fabric for the edge, I was happy to find some when we visited Bargain Box Fabrics… So finally it is finished, what do you think?


 A Close Up...


On the Table...

I also had some fun making a couple of toppers for our bedside tables with the fabrics I bought on our shopping spree with retreat. I love these colours and mixed them up a bit… I am learning more each time I sew something whoo hoo.



Some new books arrived too…


Quilted Gifts…


Home Sweet Sewn…


Home Sewn…


French Twist…


Aprons Book…


Home Made Vintage…

What Yummy Books, I am looking forward to doing some of the projects over the Summer Break. I home school my DS12 because he has Aspergers and just does not fit into the “System”. When school finishes for the summer I am putting together a “Summer Wish List”…a list of the projects I want to make, books I want to read and places I want to go…have you thought about making such a list?
The reason I am doing it is because I never seem to get anything done for ME...
It is how I relax and God knows I need to relax.

I would love to hear about summer adventures you intend to have or have had in the past, just leave me a comment.
Anyhow I must dash… things to do.

Many Happy Stitches to you
Amanda

4 comments:

  1. Your runner looks fantastic finished!! And those books are great - lots of sewing coming up from you LOL
    I hope you enjoy your summer holidays and get to do some things on your list, taking time for yourself. Even though I still have to work, I love that there is hardly any peak hour traffic LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you got the quilting bug for sure. Love you runner. Looks like you have busy plans.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They all look great Amanda...well done...you went to town with the books didn't you....lol...enjoy!
    Hugs Khris

    ReplyDelete
  4. Turned out great you must be pleased with it for sure love the books yummmmy

    ReplyDelete