Saturday, March 20, 2010

Gerty Is Finished



Well I am Happy with Gerty now, I can say she is finished.
this has been a heap of fun for Me doing this challenge. I used a new technique (new to Me) to grunge her up a bit. I feel a bit more confident in what I am doing. she smells beautiful because of the spices used in the grunging process.
take a look at Prims Patterns and Handmades for the challenge. you will see Denise's Bear that she has made up. if you check in after the 27th March you will see the finished bears from all over. Denise puts the pictures up for us to see how others have made up their bears.
a very big thank you to Denise for putting this challenge up for us to do.
It is a great experience for Me to get something made that I don't normally make.
Tropical Cyclone Ului is about to hit where Mum lives in Mackay...please keep her in your thoughts and prayers as they brace themselves for this rough time. Mackay is well known for flooding so with the rain that comes from a cyclone so will the floods...My sister Kelly's house goes under every time they flood severely.
updates are available if you follow the link.
well Happy Sewing everyone...keep an eye out for those you Love.
Amanda
XXXX


4 comments:

  1. Gertie is lovely - pretty outfit too.

    Hope your mum and sister keep safe - my best wishes to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry - I mean, Amanda! I must have subconsciously seen the name of the commenter before me! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm having one of those days! I left a message for you calling you melissa and that didn't show up but my apology did! LOL... I'll start again!

    I think Gertie is adorable, Amanda!!!

    I hope that your father is keeping well and send lots of love to you and your family. x Your blog is gorgeous. :-)

    Vikki xo

    ReplyDelete