Saturday, March 13, 2010

...A Great Result...



well this afternoon I finally got a chance to "Grunge" the bear I am making up for the Teddy Challenge over at Prim Patterns 'N' handmades.


I found a grunging method in an old magazine I had. well it still looks a bit light in the pictures but once it dried it was darker...I think Khris would be proud of me.
I love learning new things all the time.







Here's the recipe and method...what do you think of this one?

Mix together a solution of of one tablespoon each of ground cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice, 3/4 cup of water and one teaspoon of Parisian essence.
let the mix settle for about 10 to 15 minutes until it reaches a sludge-like consistency. paint your bear or doll, allow it to dry. you can put it in the oven on 200 Celsius for about a minute. once dry rub off the granules and hey presto it is ready. you can paint it more than once for a darker effect. I only painted it once this time.



Happy Day


Amanda




"who thinks there are not enough hours in a weekend".

5 comments:

  1. wow i love that method Mandy .
    good job.
    I think i will try to Grunge
    Dolly Hugs to you

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG step away from khris right now, you need to get out of that vortex ASAP ROFLMAO back to the pretties

    ReplyDelete
  3. woohoo...way to go girl...dont forget to bake it a few times too....the primmer the better...hugs Khris

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad you posted this Amanda - I saw a reference to "baked" muslin and wondered how it was done. I love the grungy bear. One question - Cinnamon, Nutmeg and Allspice are quite pungent - does teddy smell spicy?

    Definitely not enough hours in a weekend! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. pandora...yes teddy does smell spicy, but its not too overpowering...with time I imagine it will fade...
    Amanda
    thanks for all the comments Ladies

    ReplyDelete